Thursday 29 March 2007

SCOOP rhymes with POOP!


This afternoon we (I) decided to go to see a movie after I finished work. I chose the new Woody Allen film Scoop. What an unmitigated load of crap this movie was. What a shame. Woody Allen was just plain irritating - I just wanted to hit him or slap his face until he shut up. Scarlett Johanson was fine, Hugh Jackman gorgeous but no chemistry (who cares?) but in the end a silly film that could have been so much more. Rene and I saw it with my free tickets from renewing my Palace Movie Club membership, which made the pain of this experience more bearable, just...



Other than that, the new French film 'Priceless' (Audrey Tautou - Amelie) previews this weekend for general release next week. I really want to see this film. The Palace Centro also hosts the French Film Festival this weekend, following up on the Italian Film Festival last weekend and the Indian Film Festival at the Dendy, Portside. I love the choices available in Brisbane.

No comments: