Saturday 24 March 2007

Improvements




This morning we were both up early. A man came to finish off the corner garden at our town houses. It now looks pretty neat and, above all, weed free.




Another man arrived to install our ceiling fan on the back terrace. It's a stainless steel fan designed for outdoor use in tropical climates. We've had it for nearly a year but have only now got around to installing it. It'll allow us to sit outside with a cool breeze on those hot afternoons and evenings.




I've already gone to a newsagency to cash in my $40 worth of Scratchies that I won last weekend at the fete worse than death (joke Di, a joke). We won $4, but have Lotto tickets for tonight and next Saturday as well (thinks...how could I spend $21m?). Rene's sister in law's father won 750 000 euros last year, maybe our turn is next?




And it's only 11am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Owen,
So glad to see that you are still blogging. Enjoy reading what is going on in your world. :)One day, when my kids are OLD enough to be to have sleepovers, we will give each friend a CHILD and then take a REAL vacation and come for a visit. I'm not sure that my parents are equipped for 3 children. :) We get possession of our new home tomorrow. As soon as we move in, I will be sure to send pics.
Love,
Anat

Anonymous said...

Just a test. Anat here.