Sunday 4 March 2007

Another 3 day weekend gone







Friday's trip to Bribie Island for lunch was delightful. Rene also picked up some chairs he bought on eBay from neighbouring Caboolture, so a great day. I even found some nice gifts to purchase at a gallery. One amazing thing was the Coral Sea side of the island. Paddling in the water was like walking through a tepid bath, the water was that warm. Beautiful beaches, but of course we have so many.

Saturday's visit to a new Spanish restaurant was lovely too. Paella was shared along with tapas, and the wine flowed freely. The Spanish guitarist asked me if I was Spanish when I applauded his playing. I indicated I was from here, so he said did I know this tune, and proceeded to play Waltzing Matilda, and he asked me to sing it for him. Well, without thinking or getting embarrassed I sang loudly and in tune the first verse. Rene just sort of looked as if he didn't know me. It was fun. There's only one person missing from the group of six, but Kerrie is loving her salad and Torquil, Rene and Di, along with myself, are eating and drinking everything in sight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so handsome, and the pinky/coral colour really suits you!!! Love,
Debbie