Saturday 3 March 2007

I'd vote for you Maxine...if I could







The USA has Hillary Clinton, I'm a fan, Holland has Rita Verdonk (left) -not a fan, now Australia has a woman in the field of politics that interests me. Her name is Maxine McKew, born in Brisbane, and the endorsed Labor candidate for Bennelong in Sydney up against the incumbent John Howard, who has held his seat for three decades.


She's ex ABC (radio and television), a journalist, very intelligent, extremely attractive, and Left of Centre. I'd love to marry her. OK, I can't marry her for two reasons: 1. she's already married (lucky guy) and 2. she lives interstate. Can't think of another reason? Oh yes, I'm not really THAT interested in marrying her (I would have to give up Rene for a start haha) but you get my drift.

Her bio is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxine_McKew, so if you are very interested in the woman who hopefully will topple Howard in October, read it and see where my positive feeling for the immediate future of this country lies. Top it off with the fact that the Federal Opposition Leader is from Brisbane (Kevin Rudd) I'm really anticipating change, unlike in Holland where the reborn Balkenende (the PM) government looks unhealthily stacked with very unlikely bed mates.

No comments: