Thursday 1 March 2007

Aurora visits Brisbane











Well, I missed the P&O cruise ship Oriana a week last Monday, caught the QE2 last Saturday and this morning I saw a coach drive past me while on the way to my first school with Aurora on its windscreen. Intrigued, after my final school of the day I drove to the new cruise terminal and saw the 76 000 ton P&O Aurora towering over the terminal. The new apartment buildings were swamped by the superstructure, gleaming white with a vividly yellow funnel. Anyway, I tried to fit it all in but to no avail. Suffice to say the other side of the river would have been better but I didn't have the time or the inclination to drive there. Impressive up close. It's virtually the same size as the Superstar Virgo I went on in 1999.








No comments: