Monday 9 April 2007

Silly me, I thought it would be so simple.


I'm trying to select a new desk top computer for home. Being a bit useless, I'd prefer a system package with everything in it at once. I don't really know enough about them to buy components separately. I do know I want a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The fewer wires the better. I want a large flat screen monitor (19") so I can easily read it and fit more onto the page without having to scroll. I want 1Gb of something to operate Vista easily, and a dual-core processor. Rene put me onto a comparison site but I just can't get it to compare apples with apples. Oh well, just as well I'm on holidays to do this, it is taking ages. Of course I could just go to Dell and buy it on-line, tailored to my needs and budget. Don't be surprised if I do just that. Any advice or special offers? Contact me please before the week is out. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well i'm not sure of the final version of Vista, but in the beta version i'm running here it runs out of memory on 1GB of RAM. It would probably be advisable to get 1.5GB or even 2GB if you're feeling like money is no object.

If you want cheap cheap and local you can use Umart (the shop Rene went to in Milton). You can pick and choose the parts you want or you can buy a prebuilt system.

Check out the following link for some of the systems on special. http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=78&bid=2

You can also chop and change the configuration if you put the bits and pieces in on the following page.
http://www.umart.com.au/pro/build_computer1.phtml?bid=2

David L