Thursday 5 April 2007

Easter Greetings

I hope you have a very happy Easter break. We here in Australia have a four day break, but our schools are also on an extended break for a further week. I'm totally over Easter eggs. Six times I've set up in different schools and places the materials for dyeing eggs. Results were great. Yesterday I had a 'cook off' with the mum of an Italian student of mine; who could cook the better bolognaise sauce? The principal judged. I lost...just!
My Korean students enjoyed the eggs, but they also enjoyed the Easter egg hunt. One of their mums went and hid over 60 eggs around the garden. Great fun.
Tonight Rene and I went to friends Di and Torquil's place (the ones for whom we house sat) for a lovely dinner and drinks. For the first time this year it was cool walking home. We might even get rain later today (Friday). That would be terrific. Next week Brisbane and South East Queensland enter Level 5 water restrictions. The drought here is awful, and every time we think we'll get decent rain, it never eventuates. It must rain sometime, and one can only hope it is soon.

No comments: