Saturday 14 August 2010

Toowoomba Visit

I had a very busy and quick visit up to Toowoomba last Thursday (it was a school holiday here in Brisbane) and managed to see and chat with a number of friends. The major reason was to do my tax with my accountant, but I also managed to visit the school I left seven years ago, and found quite a few old staff still there. Morning tea was wonderful, and the banter interesting. I had lunch with my brother and sister in law (delightful) then followed that up with a former colleague putting on a delicious high tea in her home. Debbie was great, as usual, and it was lovely to see her husband Andrew again plus Rhonda - a friend from my time in Toowoomba.

The city seemed to be very prosperous and was a hive of new building and renovation. It was very cold and extremely windy - but not unusual for Toowoomba in August.

No comments: