Sunday 8 August 2010

Films and Theatre






We've been a bit quiet lately in the entertainment area, apart from trivia every Tuesday. I saw 'Mother and Child' with Naomi Watts and Annette Bening. I really quite liked the film. I had had a friend from Toowoomba visiting and she was seeing it later that afternoon, so I tagged along (Rene stayed with the gallery). I was very glad Pam had talked me into going.

Last night we saw 'Ghost Writer' starring Ewen McGregor - Roman Polanski's latest film. I really enjoyed this film a lot, and as a thriller it maintained momentum right up until the end. No opening credits that I could remember, just a complete set at the end. I wanted to see if one of the female leads was, indeed, Kim Cattrall (of the infamous 'Sex in the City 2' fame). She did a quite good job, even leaving her legs together for the whole movie. Heavens! How I loathe remembering that awful vacuous film from a couple of months ago.

I'm going with friends to a gala fundraiser for people living with HIV AIDS to be held on August 23 at The Playhouse. It's called 'Hats Off BrizVegas' and will have the casts of Mama Mia and J C Superstar as well as many other performers donating their time for a most worthy cause.

No comments: