Wednesday 10 January 2007

Welcome to my world...

Hans, Rene, Kay and Aurea at breakfast on New Year's Day 2007. A bit worse for wear, but OK. Notice the plates being used :)
Hello and welcome to my new blog. I'm not sure where it is heading but I'll give it a go and see what happens. The title comes from the lady of 'Keeping Up Appearances' fame, Mrs Bucket. She uses tableware for daytime called 'Eternal Beau', and to my surprise a few years ago I discovered that was the same pattern as I used every day. So in a world of bloggers trying to look for a catchy title, I hit upon this one.

Tonight Rene and I are off to a 50th birthday party at an Italian restaurant in New Farm, here in Brisbane. Friday we're off to Toowoomba for a cocktails and canapes 'do' and next week we're off to Sydney for four days - a last minute thing we decided this morning. It's not all that long before I'm back at work again. Rene is working on Module 6 of his study and it appears to be progressing well.

Those of you familiar with the Kolonista or Settler (I think it has German origins) board game will be pleased to know our Dutch version of the game gets another outing this Sunday when my brother and sister in law visit for dinner and hopefully a thorough beating at the game.

We're still waiting for true summer to arrive here in Brisbane. A day or two in the late 20's, but mainly mid 20's, very unusual for this time of the year. My Dutch and American friends tell me their weather is all mixed up too, so whilst I'm not sure we are experiencing global warming or whatever, but we are definitely in record breaking drought.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Owen,
Hello and love from Debbie in Toowoomba. My love to Rene as well. I love your blog because you are the most eloquent person I know. You have a magical way of saying and preparing verbally what we think and feel. Keep wriiting. I totally agree with your analysis of the Iraq situation. Please send me the cricket joke. Murray Wright and I are going to the ODI on Friday in Brisbane I have never been before, and I am so excited. I hope your hip improves--is it related to the sciatica(sp?) problem you used to have? I hope you enjoy your holiday I will close for now. My lvoe,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi there, nice to see some pictures of you two! I will come and read so I 'll now how you are.

X Linda.

Anonymous said...

hallo owen, nice to see the picture hope ou wil be okay soon big kiss han