Monday 15 January 2007

Ooh the pain!

I'd love to tell you my leg is getting better fast but it isn't. To top it all off this morning my computer tells me for the umpteenth time to update to Version 7 of XP. Foolishly I do. Lo and behold after it's all over my previous email icon at the top is missing, can't be found. Poor Rene is working opposite me and gets really pissed off at me after I thump the table in frustration at not being able to resurrect this button so I can at least read my mail. I loathe Big Brother (whether it's Gates or anyone/thing else). My leg gave me grief again last night, but it is getting better, just not fast enough.

My brother Steve and his wife Adele came over yesterday for cards, dinner and a board game. Very successful night. Adele brought a 1.5L bottle of cab sav from a wine tasting we'd been to a few weeks ago, all gone (and I only had one glass). Nice drop (Taylor's, Clare Valley SA).

I hope you checked out Baghdad Burning, the blog by an Iraqi woman living with the hell of the present. I heartily recommend another, this time an American Republican voter's blog called http://glenngreenwald.blogspot.com/ . The beauty of blogs of some age and maturity is that you can see the evolution of thought from several years ago to the present.

Today at 2 we welcome Rebecca from Toowoomba, a former colleague of mine from last year at Toowoomba South State School. We couldn't make her birthday soiree last Friday because of my leg, so she's coming down for the night and we'll make up for time lost.

Presently my thoughts go towards Thursday when we fly off to Sydney for four days. I hope my leg will be sufficiently recovered to not inhibit me in any extreme way. Now, where did I put those drugs?...

No comments: