Saturday 27 January 2007

Medical Costs


WARNING - THE FOLLOWING IS A WHINGE FROM THE OWNER OF A VERY SORE LEG. BLAME IT ON THE DRUGS HE'S ON OR HIS POMMIE ANCESTRY OR BOTH.


This thigh/leg/muscle thing that's been happening lately has improved, but on occasions it has brought me to tears. Anyway, my doctor suggested having a CT Scan done and x rays, which has proved that there is nothing wrong more than inflammation of the L3 area and resulting pressure on nerves etc. Good news. Bad news....it cost $425 for the tests, and I get back just $265. Now if I was a patient in hospital it would cost nothing, all free (or covered) but I have been forking out money left, right and centre for a couple of weeks now and even with the best private health insurance it STILL costs you a lot of money. (The picture was taken by Rene at Sydney Airport on our way home. I was glad to be getting back to familiar territory. I intend going back to Sydney before not too long to do all the things I never got to do this trip).

No comments: