Friday 16 March 2012

Shopping and dinner

Beautiful, quiet afternoon at the harbour, Scheveningen.

Thursday after lunch Rene and I headed into Centrum to check out wardrobes for the new apartment, lighting I'd found earlier that Rene hadn't seen, and some clothes shopping - even though I have loads more in the container, the limited range I have been wearing for weeks was driving me crazy.  I only left the city with two white T shirts and a red pullover that was 30 euro down to 12, but at the checkout was actually only 5 - great, it's actually very nice indeed (I'm wearing it right at the moment I'm typing).  I had been looking for a casual knock about sweat shirt with a collar, nothing printed on it - IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND.  Meanwhile Rene has bought a few more clothes and he always manages to find bright, interesting clothes to suit himself.

The marina was packed, the cafes and restaurants already filling at 5pm

Was anybody in Den Haag working yesterday afternoon?  At 4pm the streets were packed, and the terraces full of people drinking and chatting.  It was a stunning day, and the best way to describe it is like the very best spring or autumn day in Brisbane when it is neither too hot or too cool or too anything - just pleasant.


We took a tram to the harbour and walked in 14C around a hardware store (wardrobes and cupboards again) then out towards the Strand beach, out onto the harbour wall, then back to a friend's place for dinner.  She cooked a Hungarian dish that was delicious, and we talked and drank until 11:30 when Rene and I ventured back home and again, for the second time this week, got the late bus home.


Police launch heads out to sea and the coast watch vessel returns to port.

No comments: