Friday 28 November 2008

The weekend is nigh AGAIN!

One week of school before over six weeks of vacation. We're getting curtains measured for supply and installation in January - at last! I'm also seeing about getting the back pathway done before Christmas. The holidays will be spent doing some gardening and improving the general appearance of the yard.

My friend Jack from New York is visiting early next year. This will be his third visit to Australia. That's something to really look forward to in April.

This week Rene and I are not going to trivia, instead we are attending the Dutch Alumni Association Sinterklaas dinner at the Customs House in the City. This should be fascinating since most conversation will be in Dutch and my little bit of Dutch has become seriously rusty over the four years since we left Holland. Four years! Amazing how the time has flown. It's incredible how much we have achieved in those few years. Our social life is rarely dull.The following night we entertain good friends Di and Torquil MacDonald celebrating Di's birthday. Posh Fish Pie is on the menu along with various other goodies. This should be a brilliant night, always lots of fun.

I booked four preview seats for the new Woody Allen film Vicky Cristina Barcelona on December 10. Ahh, Barcelona....Rene and I had such a fabulous time there in 2004. It'll be the second film I've seen this year with a city name in the title, the other being In Bruges (don't miss it!).
Enough, feel free to contact me. I love communication. Yesterday's mail brought the first Christmas card of the season, from a friend who lives in Kipford in Kircudbrightshire, Scotland. Jess, you are very quick indeed.

(It finally had to happen)

This evening our neighbours next door and across the road came across to sit on our deck and welcome the weekend. From 4:30 until around 9pm we talked about many things, drank several bottles of delicious Australian wine and generally chilled out together ready for another fantastic weekend. I'm seriously happy this evening as I write this concluding paragraph. Rene made a delicious late supper for us both. He's a treasure!

No comments: