Thursday 13 November 2008

I forgot Rene

I meant to add a couple of pictures of Rene when he was in Central Australia last month with his sister and brother in law.

Here he is walking along the road to Kings Canyon. Note the sign that says next services are still 127km away. Also note the bitumen ended here.



Err, what's up doc? Rene and his sister having a typical Dutch snack. Claartje and Jan raved about the flavour of Australian vegetables and fruit. Not as force fed as a lot of European produce. I do have to be reminded of all this stuff, I sort of take it for granted.


Now the picture above is not from Central Australia. It's from across the path in front of our house here in Brisbane. A water dragon sunning himself on the branch of a tree. We are constantly amazed at just how fortunate we are to live in this beautiful house of ours in this idyllic part of Brisbane. Lovely!



A kookaburra on our back fence here in Nundah, Brisbane, capital of the known world! Yes, I admit, I do get a little carried away.

No comments: