Saturday 29 November 2008

Hot Hot Hot

I thought it was hot last night. The minimum last night was 24, it got to 31 this afternoon before a short, sharp downpour. We've had the a/c on since 3pm.



I think Rene has had a lot of people through the gallery today. A lovely young German couple came back and bought a painting - they'd been here a fortnight ago to look around. I had a brief chat as I drove in from shopping - I have a new, bright shirt for the dinner on Tuesday night - they appeared to be a charming, delightful young couple. It's often easy to be weighed down by the dross of life one encounters, but in the main folk are fantastic and well worth making the effort to get to know.

Tonight it's Greek salad, some bread, bottle of chilled white, relaxing on the deck. I'm doing a butterfly lamb leg on the BBQ tomorrow night. Rene and I love our food, and drink.



One week to go before the vacation starts. Oh happy days!

No comments: