Monday 17 March 2008

Monday again already?

Today is overcast but warm, therefore it's kind of nice to not have to react to the day - it's not cool, hot, too sunny, too windy....it's just there.

Poor old Rene isn't feeling 100% because he has an ear infection and it is giving him some discomfort. He is rarely sick, never ever complains, but right now he's gone to bed for the afternoon with two paracetamol - unheard of. He saw a doctor on Saturday who gave him antibiotics and drops, so I hope he improves soon.

We had a lovely weekend with a visit to friends after lunch Saturday and then off to an Apple tutorial in The Valley - this was incredibly useful and helpful to Rene. His love affair with his iMac continues and gets stronger the more he learns about short cuts and little 'tricks of the trade'. We followed that with dinner at friends in Lota, and as usual it was delicious and much fun. Sunday afternoon we had lunch with our American friends who have just moved house in Holland Park, Brisbane. They have our old white refrigerator. I was really surprised at just how much I loved their new home and the way they are decorating it. It has a wonderful spirit about it, very welcoming and of course, very much reflecting the new occupants.

The first thing we did on Saturday upon hitting Brisbane was to visit the new house. It is really moving ahead, with scaffolding everywhere and a secure ladder to the first floor, therefore we went upstairs for the very first time. I think 'excited' doesn't do the place justice. I really love the way it is coming together. This is a serious challenge when one considers that it is our own design, therefore essentially it hasn't been done anywhere before. Of course, a house is a house, but it's really lovely seeing the components coming together as a whole. Still early days, but it's looking fabulous (and BIG). In one photo you can see how we look down from up on high over the park and the creek. The gallery space & workshop

This evening we're off to dinner with friends. It can't be too late because I have work Tuesday, but it should be lovely. There's a possibility it'll be a soul food restaurant that opened in Mooloolaba not long ago. I'll let you know.

Easter is upon us. That's certainly come around fast again. The traffic is going to be bad coming home on Thursday afternoon because everyone wants to escape to the Sunshine Coast for the long weekend. I received an email this morning from a friend in The Hague who says that the Dutch traffic is also getting heavier and the traffic jams earlier and longer every day. Nice to know we are not unique.

A joke and a picture or three to finish off. Take care and have a great week, and an especially good Easter break.




Got this joke from a female friend of mine, heard it a long time ago, but it's funny...

THE MIRACLE OF TOILET PAPER Fresh from my shower, I stood in front of the mirror complaining to my husband that my breasts are too small. Instead of romantically telling me this is not true, he uncharacteristically comes up with a suggestion: 'If you want your Breasts to grow, then take a piece of toilet paper and rub it between them for a few seconds every day'. Willing to try anything, I got a piece of toilet paper and stood in front of the mirror, rubbing it between my breasts. How long will this take?' I asked. They will grow larger over a period of years,' my husband replies. I stopped. 'Do you really think rubbing a piece of toilet paper between my breasts every day will make my breasts larger over the years?' Without missing a beat he said 'Worked for your bum, didn't it?' He's still alive, and with a great deal of therapy, he may even walk again although he will probably continue to take his meals through a straw. Stupid, stupid man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that picture of those rabbits.. made me laughing out loud!

Poor René, wish him well. And for the both of you, happy easter en big hugs.

X Linda