Tuesday 7 August 2007

I know, it's been a while...

I can only say I've not had the time or the inclination to update this blog. For one thing I've had a cold since a week last Friday night. not enough to put me in bed, but enough to make me feel thick in the head and uncomfortable (where are those tissues?). Soon after our Dutch friends left Rene went to Melbourne for all of last week. He has been checking out galleries and generally establishing the business. While he was away a real estate agent contacted me and asked why our place wasn't listed with him (he had sold it to us originally). I said it was sold, did he know of any land around this area? Next day he rang me, he met me at this lovely block of land overlooking a park and brook. I was impressed. I told Rene over the phone, and on Friday when I picked him up from the airport I immediately drove him to the spot, he liked it, and the next day we haggled with the owner via the agent and bought it at noon. It is not very far from where we currently live, about 2 km away. It is three blocks from a station (Toombul) and is in the suburb of Nundah. Now we have to find a design then a builder to put a 2 storey 300+sqm house on it by the middle of next year.
The weather has been very dry but warm to hot. Last week we even topped 27 here in Brisbane, not bad for winter. Mornings are still cold, I think today we got down to 6, but the daytime temperatures are glorious.


I'm off to Miss Saigon tonight with three friends. Rene is staying home (not his thing). I'm really looking forward to it. Bye for now and I'll update this update perhaps tomorrow.
Oh, this picture is from beautiful Santa Fe, a place I stayed in for a week or so in 1996. The article from the NYT this week is interesting reading. Enjoy! http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/08/05/travel/05SantaFe.html

No comments: