Friday 9 February 2007

Toowoomba Trip

We're just back from a hastily organised last-minute trip to Toowoomba to visit my accountant. Our tax is done from last year (at last) and there was time for a quick look at the Regional Art Gallery (great Lionel Lindsey exhibition on at present), some quick shopping (Myer did well out of me today) and then lunch, returning home mid afternoon. In spite of the appalling drought, Toowoomba managed still to look very pretty. The centre of town had a buzz about it and of course Grand Central was very busy. After the gallery visit we had a coffee at Oxygen in Ruthven St close to the City Hall and it was delicious, made from organic Ethiopian coffee - Fair Trade of course. I enjoy visiting the place, but I don't miss it at all. I've moved on and feel at home in Brisbane now.

No comments: