Saturday 24 February 2007

QE2


Rene and I went to the port to see the QE2 which has included Brisbane as part of her Round the World itinerary. It arrived at 7am and left at 6pm, but it caused quite a flurry of activity with sightseers. In Sydney last week it's arrival plus the new Queen Mary 2 in Sydney harbour at the same time brought the city to a standstill. I last saw the QE2 from the window of a plane coming back from Barcelona in 2004. We were coming into land at Amsterdam and the ship was coming up the river near Rotterdam. Memories also came back of going over the Queen Mary moored in Long Beach, California, in 1986. The cruise ship I went on in 1999 called the Superstar Virgo was 77 000 tons and 13 decks high. This new QM2 is 23 decks high, so it must be literally enormous. I'll have to wait to tick that one off my list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Owen. Thanks so much for sharing your photos with us. I love that QE2, and I reckon if anybody in the world needs to see that QM2, it's you! I hope you get to see it and have a cruise in it! Love,
Debbie