Tuesday 28 December 2010

Happy New Year

This snowy mountain top may appear to be from the northern hemisphere, but it is in fact the top of Mount Wellington, Hobart, the state capital of Tasmania. It was -3C on Boxing Day, and stayed this way most of the day. Down below at sea level the city of Hobart was around 15 - still bloomin' cold!

This photo (above) was taken two weeks ago during a bout of bad weather in the Central Highlands of NSW. This was at the start of summer in Australia this year. A friend mentioned yesterday that I always seem to harp on about the weather in my blog, and I guess I'm reinforcing that conception yet again this post. It really fascinates me.

These are the two new silk doonas I brought back from Shanghai. They are a lovely weight and very sensual to sleep under. This was the first time we put them on the bed, with both pillows having silk covers. Since the first time, we have a silk cover on the top pillow and a regular pillowslip on the lower for actually putting your head on - much nicer (they were too slippery for our taste). Clicking on all three pictures gives greater detail.
This is all for now. A memorable month. I'm looking forward to a bit of a rest in New Zealand, but I'm not counting on it - I love touring and seeing new places and meeting new people.
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM OWEN AND RENE.


No comments: