Monday 23 June 2008

Just another weekend (not!)

Rene and I, being the social butterflies we are, have just enjoyed the most wonderful weekend. It began with dinner at the Alex Surf Club Friday night, then on Saturday we had our monthly card night and this week we found ourselves on a small farm in the hinterland, in from Noosa and below Cooroy. It started with leaving at 3pm to be in time to see the wildlife and views (really impressive), then a huge baked dinner, a cheesecake that tasted something like a creamy Mars Bar (heavenly) and we got home by 2am Sunday morning. At 2pm Sunday we joined a dozen or so residents from Caribbean beside the pool for a little soiree which lasted until 7pm when I came upstairs and cooked dinner for four people feeling quite solidly tipsy. They left at midnight. The pictures below are from the farm's pool area. We saw wallabies and kangaroos just below the pool area. Lovely crisp, sunny winter weather.



I'm feeling my age a bit today, but what the heck. There's plenty of time to sleep and rest when you're dead.

Rene and I both went out this morning and did some retail therapy. Brightened me up no end. The last day of the Myer sale saw us spending up big time, and I came a way with a couple of pairs of shoes, two jumpers, underwear and a long sleeve shirt. I did feel a lot better after that. I have to go to work tomorrow to help pay for it now.

No comments: