Thursday 17 January 2008

Finally downloaded phone's pictures

Yes, I know I'm not the world's most technically literate guy but I'm also not totally stupid (I think). I tried for the past few weeks to learn all the features of my new phone. Heck, I even bought it to be just that - a phone; but today, if you want bigger keys, brighter and bigger screens, you have to go the camera route. The cute guy selling me the phone apologised for it 'only' having a 2 mega pixel camera (ha! that's the size of my first digital camera) - so having pictures and video capabilities in my pocket this past month has meant that I've taken pictures BUT COULDN'T FIND A WAY TO DOWNLOAD THEM BACK TO MY COMPUTER. I researched it (you know, read the manual, viewed the 2 CDs it came with) and emailed folk, even Motorola - still no reply - and asked knowledgeable looking young people in phone shops, but alas, no answer. Yesterday an upgrade came on-line, I downloaded it and HEY PRESTO I can now download very good quality pictures here on my computer from my slim mobile phone. I now love the phone. Until yesterday I looked upon this device as yet another testimony of the fact I'm getting too old too fast. Today I admire its capabilities.


All these pictures are from the phone: Our friend Kay's Toowoomba garden (now 18 months old)









Kay's young olive tree (first crop)









Erosion on our beach after the storms











Beautiful sand dunes did their work of protecting the shore.









Rene relaxing with a book on the balcony










One of my Aboriginal paintings

No comments: