Thursday 24 January 2008

Back to work

Most of my friends remaining teaching have opted to quit by the end of this year. I wish them well. They're not retiring, just that they're old enough to quit Education Queensland and (in one case) travel a bit, then teach in Italy for a year. Me? I'm still doing some ESL work, and the first day back yesterday was pleasant enough, but as soon as Rene's gallery business is off the ground I'll be just as happy meeting, greeting, cleaning, packing and transporting whatever needs to be done with him, and leave teaching alone altogether (at least I think I'd be happy doing that.....I actually like teaching........need a bit of structure still in my life).


Kay2 visited for three nights, it was very nice to have her here as our guest. The three of us ventured quite early Tuesday morning to walk along the beach and, alas, there was a king tide and no beach to walk on. It was really terrific seeing the angry sea, yet feeling totally safe (and not cold). The picture below shows Rene and Kay just before they got covered with sandy cappuccino froth from the surf as it swept up over the dunes.


The official opening of the Centred Art Gallery in our next door apartment happens at 4pm this Saturday. It should be a quiet but happy event. We have friends staying the night, so it'll be very social yet again. Sunday is high tea in Brisbane for Kay1 who is not only having a birthday but celebrating her last birthday whilst working (another one retiring). Monday is a public holiday for Australia Day so I only have to drive to Brisbane three days next week. Mind you, on Friday next week Rene and I are meeting with the cabinet maker to finalise the kitchen for Nundah. Rene's already stated he's lost both arms so far in the cost of the kitchen, I reminded him that he has two perfectly good legs still to go (haha). That should also be the day we see our house foundation finished (here's hoping!).
www.centredart.com.au




No comments: