Saturday 29 September 2007

Saturday 29th

The week has flown by. Several of my friends are overseas at present and those that are not seem to be planning trips away somewhere interesting. I've had emails from Rebecca in Portland OR, Kay in Turkey, Di and Torquil in Western Australia, Peter and Bernadette last night describing their upcoming two months driving through western NSW to South Australia, then next year their 3 month sojourn through Europe in their new motor home that they bought this week in Britain. Oh, they'll stop off in South Africa on their way home and leave their motor home in Europe for the following year's 3 month holiday. Me? Well, the prospect of 7 months living up on the Sunshine Coast seems very nice, but still, it is quite suburban compared to the other places mentioned.
This evening the designer/builder comes with the contract for the new house. Building will start in January. It should all be done by June in time for Rene's sister's visit (sometime around September) when there'll be a wedding arranged. I already have some work in Caboolture next year, both in the primary and secondary Catholic schools, so that will reduce travelling times. I hope to get the remainder of my hours in north Brisbane.
If anyone knows of a you beaut site that deals with colour selections, please let me know. Rene and I have to decide soon (no urgency about it though) on an interior and exterior colour scheme for the house. No easy task. I tend to be with these things a bit like in a restaurant - the longer the waitperson takes to take my order, the more often I change my mind on the menu selections. I'm happy to nail it all in one sitting after lots of consultation then leave it alone until it is finished.

No comments: