Tuesday 4 September 2007

I'm Back...

Yes, I survived the Outback. We drove some 1800km of which nearly 1000 was on dirt, some of it extremely rough. The country is absolutely stunning and I promise to tell more soon, but not tonight. I've been back at work just two days but I'm really very tired. Last week was incredibly exciting and fascinating, but it requires some considerable time to do it justice, and that's just not what I have at present. What with the trip plus planning on leaving the house and packing up within 16 days, I've enough on my plate right now. Just spoke to Rene back in Alice Springs who had just returned from his fourth remote community and he said everything was very successful - bought lots of art - he's now returned the 4WD with some 2500km added to the odometer. This is a mighty big country.

No comments: