Sunday 15 July 2007

Stretching...................

No, not me, the canvas. Today Rene and I attended a workshop on framing which involved making the frame then stretching the canvas over it. It was held in the Pine Rivers Gallery in Strathpine, just outside the northern boundary of Brisbane. It wasn't all that easy, but with the right equipment and some more practice we should get better and faster. Rene only asked me the other day to come with him, and I'm glad I did. I may be of some real help to him in his business.
Tonight we don't have to cook (great, no time really) because we're off to our friend Karen's for dinner. Several friends we know will be there too. Karen's American boyfriend is visiting from San Francisco. They take it in turns each school holidays to visit each other. Oh, the joys of long distance romances (been there, done that - briefly). Well, I guess they due accrue frequent flier miles. Anyway, we have a designated driver and I have stunning reds to take with us. Isn't life great?

No comments: