Wednesday 20 June 2007

A bit chilly!

One of my Korean parents was complaining of finding Brisbane's cold snap unbearable because she didn't have enough warm clothes with her to wear. It has been blowing cold south westerlies all day and we only reached a maximum of 13 C, very very cold for us. When her husband visits next week he's instructed to bring more winter clothes with him for her to wear. She never knew it could be so cold here, thought it was always mild to hot.
I kept warmish today with producing over 260 lunch packs for children at one of my four schools. We had a sausage sizzle fund raiser to mark World Refugee Day. The profits will go towards resources in my ESL unit at my major school. I didn't feel extremely cold, even though I spent a lot of the day outside.
I took my Korean students who are leaving to return home plus my other students staying here out for a treat after school. We all went to Freestyle Tout in The Emporium. http://www.freestyletout.com.au/ All the kids ordered the chocolate deluxe sundae, a concoction that, including the chocolate sail on the top, stands almost as tall as they are. You'll be pleased to note I avoided the HUGE dessert and had a macadamia nut ice cream with a shot of espresso and Tia Maria. Deeelicious! (even in this weather).
Half a day to go and then I'm on a fortnight's vacation. We're house hunting at present, should be interesting. We are off with friends on Friday to another concert, this time The Cops, at The Zoo in the Valley. Should be a great night out. Before that we're having lunch with friends at Meccah Bah at The Emporium. Looking forward to that too.
Enough for now, I'm off to my warm bed. A degree or three warmer tomorrow, but still wintry for us.

No comments: