Monday 7 June 2010

Finally, an update...

I have had my blog printed in America in three volumes. I really love the finished result. We have also received our wedding album also done on line. We had two copies printed, with one of them sent to The Netherlands for our Dutch family to keep. The result is very good indeed.

Thanks a lot to the very many of you who sent birthday greetings to me over the past fortnight. I guess 60 is a pretty good milestone, but I damn well mean to see many more birthdays in the future. I had morning teas at my schools, and on the actual morning my friends the MacDonald's (Di and Torquil) took me out to breakfast at Belle Epoque http://www.belleepoque.com.au/ in the Emporium Hotel. Marvellous start to the day! In the evening Rene joined us at Cloudland, a wonderful restaurant and night club venue recently opened in The Valley. It is on four levels, has a Black Hat chef, amazing decor (truly eclectic) and all in all a very special place to have a special occasion in. A three storey waterfall dominates the front, with a sliding glass roof for admiring the stars. Check it out here http://www.cloudland.tv/ The dinner was truly delicious and quite special. Never one for cocktails, I loved the one I had on the second floor from the bar made of thousands of glass balls. When the lights run around the circular bar every 30 minutes, you have to be amazed.

Work is fine, the airport ambassador work is enjoyable and the weeks just fly by. Rene and I are going to see three productions in the next ten days as part of the Brisbane Cabaret Festival. With trivia every Tuesday, dinner out usually another night and we dine at friend's homes or they dine with us - all in all the days just gallop by. I must include pictures from the garden in the next post. For just fifteen months growth it is quite impressive.

Both of us are in fine health at the beginning of winter. I could do with losing some weight, but I don't think its going to happen any day soon, especially during the colder months. We will look forward to August when Rene and I travel to Cairns in Far North Queensland for the Second Indigenous Arts Festival. He is looking to expand the art on sale here from just Central Desert art to also include some artists from North Queensland. A bonus is that Cairns is around 29C every day in winter (we average 20)

1 comment:

Jannette said...

Sounds as though your birthday celebrations were great! You have done well getting all this up. I have been back 2 weeks now and no more on China yet. Best, Jannette