Friday 11 September 2009

Success!

Rene just told me we have had our papers sent from The Hague to the government in Son en Breugel, so all we have to do now is see if they can fit our wedding in on December 30.

Tonight we are attending the opening of a new exhibition at Fireworks Gallery in Fortitude Valley. We plan on having dinner in China Town.

The house has been cleaned from top to bottom today (well, I really still have to finish my bathroom) and tomorrow I have my last airport shift for a month. Sunday sees us once again at the Portside Boutique Markets with a stall from 8-1. Busy, busy, busy! I still have to find time to pack, but it will happen I'm sure.

Stunning weather, really very lovely indeed. Something like 10-24 today - just perfect early spring weather. It sure beats the winter heatwave we had a fortnight ago when we finished off the warmest winter on record with a Monday recording 35.8C - yuck!

This Tuesday is trivia, but we also have Geoff and Gina visiting from Sydney. We are not quite sure how to get around all this, but we may all go there for dinner, then as the quiz commences, Rene and the visitors might return home and I'll stay for the game. It'll be my last for four weeks. Last Tuesday we came equal third.

I bought a pair of noise cancelling headphones on eBay last week. I'm going to test them out on the flight next week. They are supposed to be very good, and above all COMFORTABLE to wear for an extended period.

Last Sunday Rene and I joined our friends Di and Torquil on the midday train heading for the city to celebrate the 150th birthday of Brisbane. We walked from Central to the City Botanic Gardens, enjoyed an Eritrean lunch, watched Bollywood dancing, listened to performers on the River Stage, drank far too much beer at The Plough Inn (well, we walked over the Goodwill Bridge as well) then adjourned by train to the Kedron Park Hotel where more drinks flowed and a lovely dinner was enjoyed by all. This is a lovely city to live in. Tomorrow night there's River Fire - the biggest fireworks extravaganza of the year, and while I'm away a wonderful Symphony in the Park is being held along from Portside in the new Hamilton North Shore park beside the river. Oh well, I'll have fun in Las Vegas while that show is on.

No comments: