Monday 8 September 2008

New Photos from the Opening

Rene looks very happy with what's happening around him. It was a little scary for us both since we are novices in this area of opening a gallery, organising an auctions, catering for a large group. But as I said last time, our friends rallied round and made the day a huge success.

Some additional photos came in yesterday from the opening. I was going to edit last weekend's post, but lack of time means you get them added, not edited. I like most of them...
Intensely studying the various paintings on show.
One of our new neighbours, Claire, and Amy, my god daughter (bless her) discussing the art. Claire left the next day for Ireland - I'm pretty sure it wasn't because we're terrible neighbours.
The sign has been unveiled.
The Dutch Consul gave a fine, often humorous, speech.
Eddie did the 'Welcome to Country' and was a huge hit with the audience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks really nice! And René looks very well too. We just came back from Romania, beautifull country.. :-)

Love and big hugs from me :-)