Friday 16 November 2007

Are you my 1000th Visitor?

I just checked my site meter and I was at 999 as at 10am EAST on the 16th. You are probably my 1000th visitor since I began my blog earlier this year. Congratulations! You are most welcome.

It took over 75 minutes yesterday afternoon to get from Nundah to Mt Gravatt, leaving at 4pm. The trip at night is 20 minutes. There was a delay/accident/incident on EVERY major arterial route through and around the city at that time. The impressive tunnel system and additional bridges currently under construction can't come soon enough. Brisbane/Queensland has been so slow to react to the need for more infrastructure. I had a chuckle to myself as I passed the Governor in her white limousine also stuck in the enormous traffic jam known as Fortitude Valley. The car looked very obvious in the crowd with its silver crest replacing the number plate. I couldn't stare as I drove passed slowly because the traffic was too heavy, but I'm sure the chauffeur was taking the strain from Quentin on that long slog home (or to the next appointment). Here's a link to the upgrade of the main Gateway Motorway - www.gup.com.au and also here's a link to the impressive new tunnels being built under our city (we have three of the largest German-built borers in the world about to start work 24 hours a day) http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/07/15/1978965.htm
Rene has been working on improving his website, and now it'll feature more information on the artists and subjects. It's a work in progress, but looks to me to be very impressive indeed. We're picking up fliers today (four types) to leave at cinemas, theatres, bookshops, restaurants, cafes etc.
This Sunday sees the 43rd anniversary of our family's arrival in Australia. It is a very long time ago but is worth mentioning. I work with New Australians every day and am often reminded of just how very fortunate and smart my parents were to select Australia, and in particular Queensland, to move to. I'll post a picture of our family in 1964 on the weekend.
Enough - have a brilliant weekend doing whatever you do.
Oh, late edit - we have our second apartment confirmed at Kawana (we needed ours for Rene's business and one to live in and have some space) - definitely moving this coming Friday (yahooo!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, am I?

Owen Langdale said...

Sadly Linda, I don't think so :( However you are still most welcome to visit my blog, thanks for coming :) The site meter is in the middle of the top of the page, click on it and see.